We at N K Realtors believe that true success comes from sharing the benefits with every one of our society and successful companies have a responsibility beyond profits to serve all stakeholders.
Take the case of Sharmila Khatoon. Her idea of a school is an escape from hopelessness and the promise of a brighter future for her â€” Samaritan Help Mission in Tikiapara.
A member of a family of eight living in her small home of 100 sq. ft., she wants her school to waive her fees.
She rummages through the one day old English newspaper collected by her rickshaw puller uncle and works hard to learn English.
She wants to be a teacher and financially independent.
A portion of our annual budget is used by us to fund the education of hundreds of students like Sharmila at Samaritan Help Mission in Tikiapara.
Now let us know the predicament of Indumati and our initiatives helped her change her life.
Indumati was an old woman and lived off alms.
Her vision deteriorated with cataract and she thought that she would become blind.
She did not have enough money for an operation; the cataract would burst any day.
The Mayapur centre of Rural Healthcare Foundation arranged for her operation absolutely free of cost.
A month later, she changed her life completely. She started vegetable vending.
With a little support, she would realize the visions of a more honorable life.
We support community development projects in the Education and Healthcare sector. We support only directly implementing organizations. We have our due diligence process before deciding on the social investment that is to be done. Sometimes contributions to charity are undertaken as well, but only after being sure about its effectiveness.
Our Engagement with Healthcare Sector
1) Rural Healthcare Foundation (RCHF):Â RCHF actively addresses the primary healthcare affordability gap in rural and urban India. RCHF has treated more than 1 million patients since 2007 in its 10 healthcare centres. We supported RCHF in setting up their New Alipore clinic. The clinic has General Medicine, Dental Services and Ophthalmology departments. It also has a homeopathy section. Each patient is charged a nominal fee of Rs 20 for diagnosis and given a weekâ€™s medicine supply.
2) Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences:Â RTIICS has a program to provide financial support to economically challenged patients who are suffering from Kidney ailments and require regular dialysis. Our support helps the Institute to offer low-cost dialysis to such patients.
3)Â AMRI Hospital:Â In similar fashion, we are also financially supporting AMRI Hospitals for offering low-cost essential surgeries to underprivileged patients.
Our Engagement with Education Sector
1) Samaritan Help Mission:Â Samaritan Help Mission, established in 1991 by Mamoon Akhtar, strives to empower the economically weak sections of society with particular focus on the girl children. The organization addresses the education needs of 2500 slum children of Howrah. SHM trains children and their mothers so that they can develop self-reliance and lead productive lives. We are supporting them for the revamp of the new school called Rebecca Belilious School. We are at present supporting them to construct a new healthcare clinic for the students.
2) ISKCON Food Relief Foundation (Annamitra program):Â Midday Meal is a strategic program of the Government of India, and is being implemented by ISKCON Food Relief Foundation (IFRF) under the brand name – â€śAnnamritaâ€ť in select schools across the country. The aim of this project is to liberate children from the vicious cycle of malnourishment and Illiteracy.
Annamrita serves 1.2 million meals every single day through its 20 kitchens across India. This program runs in 7 states namely â€” Andhra Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana, Jharkhand, Maharashtra, Rajasthan and West Bengal.
3) Prayas Innovation:Â Prayas Innovation, an international social enterprise, launched its product ‘YELO’, a revolutionary bag that converts into a school desk. This bag would empower the students studying in rural areas of India to study more efficiently. We are distributing it as gifts to our clients and developers and requesting them to gift it to a child in need in his vicinity. This is for inculcating the habit of giving amongst all.
Apart from these regular partnerships we also provided one-time support to other organizations. Some of these are mentioned below.
1) Manasi Foundation:Â Manasi Foundation was founded in 2005Â and is working in the field of Education, Agriculture & Social Welfare, Health Development, Cultural Activities for Social Awareness, Women Empowerment, Sports and Youth Career development.
2) Civilian Welfare Foundation:Â Civilian Welfare Foundation are working with the purpose of improving the rights of the para-athletes Â in India. They also work in the sector of gender equality and against patriarchy.
3) Tiljala Shed:Â Tiljala ShedÂ is a grassroots level non-government developmental organization working for the underprivileged population for the past 29 years. Their special emphasis is focused on the rag pickers community who have been neglected and socially ostracized by the so-called civil society over the years.
We supported them with a few one-time sponsorships especially during the Eid and Durga Puja festivals.
4) Baikanthapur Tarun Sangha:Â We had supported BTS who works in Sunderban on community development through Kolkata Gives Foundation which we are a part of.
The need for support for worthy causes in India far outweighs any one person or private organizationâ€™s capacity. There is a huge need for cash and non-cash support so that all of us can dream of a better life as a society.
If you are willing to know our experience of partnering with the organizations we have worked with, please drop a line in comments.
We will be happy to share them with you.