As a keen market observer, NK Realtors foresees tremendous scope in residential complexes coming up in Joka, one of the fastest growing real estate locations in South-West Kolkata. Here’s why we think it makes sense for families, returning NRI’s, couples, and retirees alike to buy a flat in Joka offered by many excellent real estate projects.
The Bright New Spot in Kolkata’s Real Estate Landscape
For starters, both existing, as well as new residential properties in Joka, are still available at competitive price points, yet the location witnessing large-scale infrastructure developments, which is likely to bring it at par with top locations in Kolkata’s heartland. And, because properties are currently cheaper in Joka, you can buy a flat here without having to pay steep prices for it. Plus, the area foresees an average growth rate of 6.65% in rental yield, which means that investing in a flat in Joka is most likely to give good rental returns at present and handsome price appreciation in future.
In addition to these factors, Joka’s connectivity with other popular locations of the city also adds to the list of advantages. Let’s look at a detailed breakdown of benefits that Joka, as a residential location, offers to homeowners.
Joka Covers All the Major Public Transport Networks in the City
Currently, Joka is easily accessible by all buses plying on Diamond Harbour Road between Taratala and Pailan (AC 52, VS-6,131, 12C/1A, 235, 7, 3A etc). Yellow taxis, autos, OLA cabs and Raichak and Diamond Harbour bound buses are also frequently available. At present, the nearest Metro is Tollygunj (Mahanayak Uttam Kumar), which is 9.2 km away.
But in the coming years, the Joka’s connectivity with the rest of the city will bolster further with these proposed plans which are underway and are slated to materialize soon.
- Expansion of Metro from IIM Joka to BBD Bag
- Widening of Diamond Harbour Road (NH 117)
- A new bus route from Pailan to Baruipur
Joka is Strategically Located and Well-connected to Other Prominent Areas of Kolkata
Strategically located on Diamond Harbor Main Road, Joka is conveniently connected to Howrah and Sealdah railway network, Dumdum Airport, major national highways, flyovers, bus terminals, and other business hubs of Kolkata. Here’s a snapshot of Joka’s distance from other prime locations of the city:
- Airport: 30.7 km
- BBD Bag (The heart of Kolkata): 17.1 km
- Park Street: 15.1 km
- Science City: 19 km
- Salt Lake Sec-V: 25.4 km
- EM Bypass (Chingrighata): 22 km
- Tollygunge Metro: 9.20 km
- New Alipore: 10.1 km
- Howrah Station: 19.70 km
- Sealdah Station: 18 km
Quality Healthcare within Easy Reach
Joka boasts of having many super-speciality hospitals within a radius of 2 km, making it a great residential choice. Some hospitals in and around the area:
- BMRI Hospital
- Bharat Sevashram Hospital
- Thakurpukur Cancer Hospital & Research Centre
The great news is that some of these hospitals draw patients from not only all over the city but from other cities as well. That means when living in Joka, you can easily access A-grade healthcare facilities right when you need them.
Joka is Home to Good Educational Institutions
Besides hosting the famous IIM, Joka is dotted with many premium educational institutions. Some well-known schools in the close vicinity of Joka are:
- DPS, Joka
- M. P. Birla Foundation
- Vivekananda Mission School
- K. E. Carmel School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Pailan
- Pailan World School
- National Gems Higher Secondary School
Joka Offers Many Modern Urban Amenities
Living in Joka you can experience almost all sorts of urban amenities you’d expect in a metropolitan city. Some of the most popular malls, multiplexes, and markets located in and around Joka are:
- Reliance Trends, Thakurpukur
- Deluxe Mall (Upcoming)
- Bazar Kolkata, Amtala
- Pailan Bazar
- Thakurpukur Bazar & the upcoming Genexx Mall
Why You Should Buy a Flat in Joka Compared to Other Regions Offering Similar Benefits
- Joka is situated amidst greenery, in a relatively pollution-free environment, away from the hustle and bustle of Kolkata’s city life yet all comforts of modern living is available in many upcoming residential complexes here.
- Comfortably connected to major business hubs, infrastructural facilities, and the buzzing hotspots of Kolkata.
- Relatively fewer problems such as waterlogging, drainage problems, or law and order issues.
- On-going infrastructure development projects like the widening of Diamond Harbour Road and Joka-BBD Bag Metro, when completed, will dramatically increase connectivity and the prices of flats will see upward momentum. It is also expected that this project implementation will gather momentum in light of increased allocation in Kolkata Metro projects under Union Budget 2017.
Joka, taking off in a brief span of five years, has now positioned itself to be the next big thing in Kolkata’s real estate landscape. Affordable as well as luxury homes and innovative ventures like theme based residential spaces are promising the ‘next-level’ living, spurring the demand within customers aspiring lifestyle accommodation at an affordable price tag.