The City of Joy is Also the Safest City in India to Live in

Safest City in India

Simanti Sen has had experiences of living in four different cities across the country, thanks to her father’s job, her higher education, and then her own career. However, the 36-year-old IT employee feels that though no place can be called entirely safe, it’s Kolkata that gives her the safest vibe. “No matter which city you […]

Continue reading

Property Transfer through Gift Deed or a Will: Which is a Better Option?

Property Transfer through Gift Deed or a Will Which is a Better Option

Kriti Mehta, a 31-year-old fashion designer from Delhi, is starting her online boutique store to sell exclusive Indian ethnic wear for women. Kriti has arranged 40% of the funds needed to launch and promote the e-commerce platform, but she will require a loan for the remaining 60%. Kriti will not have any problem getting the […]

Continue reading

One-Point Nod for Building Plans in Kolkata from 1st April 2020

Building Plans in Kolkata

Building laws in Kolkata are heading for an overhaul. In a bid to expedite the overall construction cycle in the city and to facilitate ease of doing business in the state, the Kolkata Municipal Corporation (KMC) has launched a one-point mechanism for sanctioning building plans. It is now mandatory for developers and landowners to get […]

Continue reading